AoC Sport membership
Membership of AoC Sport is available to further education and sixth form colleges incorporated under the 1992 Act, and any new corporations formed by the subsequent merger of these colleges as well as sixth form colleges which have converted to academies.
AoC Sport members receive a wide range of benefits, including conferences, networks and training, competitions, and policy advice and curriculum planning, among other things.
We support 211 members – which is 75% of all colleges and sixth form converters.
- We are the trusted voice for college sport and physical activity and have the power to shape the further education sporting landscape
- We advocate and lobby on your behalf and can raise your concerns specifically on a national level
- We attract investment from national bodies into the further education sectoregSport England and the Football Association
- We can signpost colleges towards grants and funding from local and national organisations.
An annual membership fee is payable which is based on the financial turnover of your college. Fees start at £1100.
Keeping you informed and connected
- AoC Sport Regional Networks – a termly forum for professional exchange. They are an opportunity to hear relevant updates from AoC Sport and external partners, support the exchange of good practice, and act as a springboard for collaborative development projects between colleges.
- Communications – dedicated e-newsletter which provides updates and opportunities within the further education and sport sector
- Conferences – discounted access to our three annual conferences, covering Curriculum, Football and Sport Development
- Resources – Access to all our published insight, labour market intelligence and curriculum planning tools, policy updates and personalised advice and support
- Leagues and cups – Entry into league and cup competitions in up to 11 different sports including inclusive formats, subject to payment of a discounted entry fee
Regional and National competition – Entry into Regional tournaments and the opportunity to progress to the AoC Sport National Championships hosted at world class sporting facilities
National Teams – Opportunity to nominate players to trial for national representative teams in football, hockey and netball
Participation and projects
- Volunteering – Dedicated student leadership opportunities as part of the AoC Sport Leadership Academy
- Projects– AoC Sport works on a wide range of projects aimed at engaging inactive students in sport and physical activity.
- Funding – Priority access to grant and project funding through longstanding partnerships with Sport England, The FA and other national and local partners
- AoC Sport Introducing – Local development opportunities for participation level sport and physical activity.
- ECFA Accredited Colleges – A range of services to develop football provision, including workforce development, funding opportunities and discounted ECFA National Conference entry
- FA Women’s Football Apprenticeship Programme – Colleges apply to be part of the programme to employ a Women’s Football Development Officer (Apprentice) to increase female participation in football.
Back to AoC Sport membership