Following the government’s announcement detailing the roadmap out of lockdown, we are delighted to be able to offer a Summer Series of opportunities to return to playing inter-college sport. Available to both full member colleges and associates, the following competitions are available: –
Leagues / Cup
• Mixed cricket league (open to full college members only)
• Men’s & women’s premier football leagues
• Men’s championships football leagues
• Men’s & women’s regional football leagues
• Regional mixed pan disability football cup
• Regional mixed golf leagues (open to full college members only)
• Men’s, women’s & mixed regional hockey leagues
• Outdoor regional netball leagues
• Men’s & women’s basketball festivals
• Men’s & women’s regional futsal festivals
• Men’s & women’s regional rugby union festivals
• Regional mixed volleyball festivals
• Men’s & women’s football friendlies
• Men’s, women’s & mixed hockey friendlies
The league competitions will run from 5 May to 16 June and teams will be placed in leagues of four on a geographical basis. To ensure the viability of the leagues, we ask that institutions only enter a league if they can commit to all six fixtures. If this is not the case, they should opt for friendly fixtures. Teams that select to play friendly fixtures will receive a list of the teams in their region that have opted for the same so that they can arrange matches. With the exception of the pan-disability and cricket competitions, no trophies will be awarded to the winners of any league or festival.
The format for the festivals will be decided once we have received the expressions of interest and will be subject to government and NGB guidelines which may affect the number of teams, location and playing format.
Entries into the competitions are made through Naqoda by the club administrator by the deadline of 25 March 2021. For further details please contact email@example.com.
Summer Series- Live Stream
AoC Sport is trialling using the online streaming platform Joymo at a series of events over the coming weeks. Joymo allows you to safely and securely livestream your sport with full ownership of your content.
The first trial livestream will be next week’s Summer Series Premier League football fixture featuring York College and UFCA. The following week will see the culmination of this year’s T20 cricket competition, where we will broadcast the final from Spondon Cricket Club
Tickets, priced £3.99 to view each event can be obtained by registering with Joymo via the following links
To view the events on the day, either go back to the Joymo Arena or download the Joymo Share app on your phone to watch it on the go.
ECFA Best Goal Competition
To coincide with the Summer Series we have launched the ECFA Best Goal Competition.
We have worked with our partners Veo to create something exciting for both teams and players. Your team will have a chance to win a three- month trial of a VEO Camera and one lucky player will be able to get their hands on a new pair of boots worth up to £150!
How To Enter
- Post a video of a player scoring a goal during a match on Twitter or Instagram.
- YOU MUST use the hashtag #ECFABestGoal and mention @ECFA12 on Twitter or @AoC_Sport on Instagram.
- Goals DO NOT need to be captured on a VEO it can be filmed on any device.
- The competition closes on Wednesday 16 June
- The Best Goal will then be judged and the winner will be announced on social media.
- Prizes will be organised for the successful team and player.
If you have any questions please email Cameron.Miller@aoc.co.uk