Following the government’s announcement detailing the roadmap out of lockdown, we were delighted to be able to offer a Summer Series of opportunities to return to playing inter-college sport. Available to both full member colleges and associates, the following competitions were available:-
Leagues / Cup
• Mixed cricket league (open to full college members only) click here for details on the finals day
• Men’s & women’s premier football leagues
• Men’s championships football leagues
• Men’s & women’s regional football leagues
• Regional mixed pan disability football cup click here for details on the finals day
• Regional mixed golf leagues (open to full college members only)
• Men’s, women’s & mixed regional hockey leagues
• Outdoor regional netball leagues
• Men’s & women’s basketball festivals
• Men’s & women’s regional futsal festivals
• Men’s & women’s regional rugby union festivals
• Regional mixed volleyball festivals
• Men’s & women’s football friendlies
• Men’s, women’s & mixed hockey friendlies
The summer series competitions ran from 5 May to 16 June and proved extremely popular as more than 200 institutions (119 colleges, 93 Associates) took part across the six weeks of competitions with 767 entries into leagues, festivals, cups and friendlies.
Newcastle Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) entered teams in all the different sports offered. David Sutton from NSCG said: “After not been able to play any competitive sport for most of the year our learners were really excited to get playing again and the intensity of the training sessions ramped up a notch.
“The fact that AoC Sport held the Summer Series created a feel-good factor at the college and the students finished off the season on a high, which went some way to making up for the disappointments of earlier in the year. ”
Andy Perlejewski, AoC Sport Competition Manager said “We were really encouraged by the number of entries for the Summer Series and delighted that so many students who had missed out on over a year of inter-college sport once again had the opportunity to take part in fixtures.”
Summer Series- Live Stream
AoC Sport trialled the online streaming platform Joymo at a number of Summer Series events, which was successful and will now be trialled elsewhere.
We will be livestreaming the ECFA Women’s National team fixture against the RAF on 19 August from 2pm. Tickets can be purchased for £3.99 from the Joymo website
Joymo allows you to safely and securely livestream your sport with full ownership of your content.
ECFA Best Goal Competition
To coincide with the Summer Series we launched the ECFA Best Goal Competition.
We worked with our partners Veo to create something exciting for both teams and players. Teams had a chance to win a three-month trial of a VEO Camera and one lucky player won a new pair of boots worth up to £150!
To enter this competition institutions had to post a video of a player scoring a goal during a match on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ECFABestGoal and mention @ECFA12 on Twitter or @AoC_Sport on Instagram.
The competition closed on the 16 June and our congratulations go to Torquay Academy who edged past Hartlepool United to win the ECFA Best Goal vote on Twitter.
Thanks to our partners at Veo, student Ben wins a pair of football boots and the Academy wins a three-month Veo camera trial. Thank you to everyone who entered and supported the competition.