Coronavirus Resource Hub
These resources have been prepared by AoC Sport to support you and your college during these unprecedented times.
We are working continuously to provide guidance, share examples of best practice and offer adapted competitions. These can be found here, all in one place, so that colleges can concentrate on what they do best… protecting and supporting their staff, students and communities.
(Updated 1 November) Information on the new national restrictions, including what they mean for working from home and business closures, why they are being introduced and the financial support available. AoC Sport update on how this affects college sport.
National Governing Body guidelines
Sports can restart once each NGB has published a government-approved action plan and related guidance on playing safely.
A collection of NGB’s return to play guidance can be found here
CIMSPA have created the Stronger Together hub to bring together advice and practical assistance on COVID-19.
Resources and updates include:
- ReOpen – Planning for the safe re-opening of sport and physical activity sector facilities
- Policy Guidance for the education sector – Including exceptional arrangements for assessments and grading and apprenticeship end-point assessments
- Supporter directory – Access to extensive support from partners during the COVID-19 crisis
College resources for keeping active
- Sharing best practice – We think it is important to recognise and amplify all the good work going on across the sector and have shared some ideas of what colleges are doing to keep students active and engaged across different departments.
- Guide to keeping active (see resource below) – A selection of online exercise and wellbeing resources, which provide free on-demand content, that aim to keep students moving whilst advising them on how to take care of their mental health at home. We hope these resources are useful for college staff and students. If you require it in an accessible format please email us.
- Activity and educational resources for families – There are lots of college staff and students caring for and homeschooling younger family members. So we’ve put together some ideas to help keep them busy and get them active over the next few months.
- Inclusive activity resource – Alongside several partners we have collated useful resources for disabled students to stay active whilst at home, including videos and links. (see resource below).
You don’t have to be self-isolating for coronavirus concerns to have an impact on mental health. We think it’s important to support colleges to think about mental health and how physical activity can help.
Mental health charity Mind have some excellent resources to encourage those who are not normally active. (Updated 2 July 2020)
- Return to play – The guidance aims to equip the sport and physical activity sector with the tools and information required to support the mental health of staff, coaches, volunteers and participants when returning to sport and physical activity.
- Returning to sport and physical activity as lockdown eases – support for individuals on returning to sport and physical activity.
- Physical activity and your mental health – Including tips for choosing an activity that works for you, and how to overcome anything that might stop you from becoming more active.
- Get Active, Feel Good – Ideas on how to keep active and fit it into daily life at home
- Getting active at home and in the garden A-Z – A handy A-Z guide of indoor and outdoor activities for all abilities. It’s in a PDF format, making it easier for colleges to print off copies to give to students who don’t have online access.
AoC has a dedicated mental health and wellbeing page with comprehensive, up to date resources on the topic, including a list of organisations which have published guidance on mental health relating to the coronavirus outbreak, including: The Mental Health Foundation, The Anna Freud Centre and Young Minds.
New opportunities launched during COVID-19:
- Go The Distance Challenge
- NBA2K College Lockdown Championships
- Fifa 20 College Lockdown Championships
- National Championships Lockdown Challenge