England Colleges Representative Teams
England Colleges representative teams have been operating for over 10 years providing a unique and exciting opportunity for talented male and female footballers to perform at international level representing their country through domestic and international fixtures.
Players are considered across AoC Sport member colleges in England through a two-phased trial process starting in October half-term, with online nominations for trial places considered from AoC Sport member colleges solely.
The England Colleges National Team programme represents the pinnacle of college football. Our men’s and women’s 11v11 representative teams exist to:
We aim to:
- Develop an aspirational representative football programme that allows every player to reach their potential.
- Develop an effective system which allows players in full-time further education to represent their country, access a unique and high quality experience and gain meaningful minutes that add value to their existing club and further education football.
- Identify players within further education football with outstanding ability and place them in an environment designed to produce football and educational excellence, raising their aspirations to progress further with their studies and football.
- Identify coaches and workforce with high potential working within the FE sector.
- Track the progression of players, coaches and support staff beyond their involvement with England Colleges and use their success as inspiration to future generations of players and workforce.
- Work with key partners and sponsors to ensure the long term progression and sustainability of the England Colleges programme.
The philosophy of the programme is a combination of the high performance requirements expected of an England team integrated with education values. The infrastructure and delivery mechanisms in place to support this include:
Working with highly qualified and skilled coaches and expert staff
- Appropriate competitive fixtures against high-quality elite, national and international teams to provide players with meaningful minutes
- Embedding the England DNA
- Embedding a multi-disciplinary support programme embracing sports science disciplines
- Accessing high-quality facilities
- Utilising technology, innovation and educational concepts to inform programming
- Creating a culture of improvement and personal development
- Approaching player development holistically working in collaboration with players’ colleges, clubs, and where appropriate, The FA
Our Partner and Sponsor
Future Elite Sports are the Official Partner and Funder of the England Colleges National Teams; providing essential sponsorship which enables the England Colleges programme to run, as well as operational staff support to design the domestic and international fixture programme for both the men’s and women’s team.
How to join the team
Players: Trials are held in October half-term for both the men’s and women’s teams. To attend, students must be nominated by their college. The college must be a member of AoC Sport in order for student nominations to be accepted. Nominations open in September.
Staff: If you are interested in joining the volunteer staff team please contact our National Football Development Manager with your CV and details on how you could contribute to the England Colleges programme.
Find Out More:
For more information please contact Ian Barber.
Follow the latest news and updates on the ECFA Twitter @ECFA12.