ECFA National Student Leadership Committee
We are a team of 12 from the 307 ECFA Activators, representing 11 of the 105 ECFA College Football Hubs across England.
As a team we created a vision using key phrases and thoughts that we wanted to get across to represent us on behalf of the whole of the FE sector; “To be the voice of all students, Uniting and Inspiring the FE Sector through creating inclusive and sustainable opportunities for all to engage in football.”
We also set out our team values that we thought all activators should abide by when being both a part of this team as well as outside the national student leadership committee:
- Driven – Inspiring others through having a passion and believing in what we are doing whilst being committed as an individual and as part of a team to contribute to the big picture.
- Inclusive – Understanding other’s opinions, showing empathy and respecting the voices and needs of other’s, being open-minded.
- Team – Uniting Individuals by being open in communication, and being honest and trustworthy.
After being appointed following an application process, we were split into three priority groups:
- Women’s football – Supporting the ECFA to deliver the FA target of ‘doubling player and fan base of female football’.
- Diversity and inclusion – Focusing on providing opportunities for hard to reach groups to engage with multiple aspects of football. Also focusing on creating a diverse student workforce within colleges.
- Media production – Showcasing the cross-college impact of football within College Football Hubs, raising the awareness of the ECFA through media production including photos/videos and other marketing and promotional materials.
The NSLC is chaired by Oli Moore of Bridgewater and Taunton College in Somerset, with Holly Hayes of Cambridge Regional College supporting as vice-chair.
As a Committee, we contribute towards the AoC Sport strategy by helping to get more students active through football, and will be challenged to have an impact on increasing the number of students playing football at their college.