AoC Sport and British Esports announce a National Esports in Education Summit
AoC Sport, the lead organisation for sport and physical activity in colleges has extended its partnership with the British Esports Association to host a national event focussed on esports in education.
Lecturers, senior leaders, curriculum staff and coaches from across the FE sector are invited to attend the free all-day event which is being hosted by AoC Sport and the British Esports Association at Sixways Stadium in Worcester on Thursday 21 May.
A range of panel discussions, keynote and interactive sessions with industry leaders as well as experts from across education will cover a wide variety of topics with delegates such as:
- The impact of esports on attendance, teamwork, leadership and communication skills within colleges
- Emerging qualifications in esports and related subjects
- The blend between esports and traditional sports, with research from across the globe
- The esports ecosystem and range of opportunities available to colleges and students
- The growing work of the British Esports Association in schools and colleges, including highlights of the British Esports Championship finals at the Insomnia Gaming Festival
- Collaboration opportunities with industry and education partners
There will also be an opportunity to network with colleagues from across the FE sector, discuss solutions to challenges and learn from colleges who are in varying stages of esports development.
AoC Director of Sport and Student Experience, Dean Hardman said: “We’re delighted to be co-hosting the first Esports in Education Summit off the back of a successful FE forum last year. It’s a great opportunity for colleges to find out more about the growing esports sector and the wider benefits gaming can have on students’ personal development.”
Kaussar Bashir, Deputy Head of Faculty at South & City College Birmingham said of the 2019 event: “It was an amazing event to kick-start and welcome esports into the FE sector. It was very informative, engaging and offered a complete network of support for someone like ourselves who are at the start of our esports journey.”
The event is also open to schools already involved with the British Esports Association and selected researchers from HE institutions, as well as invited press and commercial partners.
Places are offered free of charge to AoC and AoC Sport member colleges and early booking is advised, as it is expected that this event will be booked to capacity. You can book your place by following this link.
For more information on the Esports in Education Summit, or the wider work of AoC Sport and the British Esports Association on esports in colleges, contact Christopher.Pitts@aoc.co.uk