AoC Sport Invites Colleges to Nominate Players for the ECFA National Teams
AoC Sport is delighted to announce member colleges can now nominate students for the ECFA Men’s and Women’s National Team programme for the 2017-18 season.
We will once again be running both male and female representative teams, in partnership with Future Elite Sports.
You can find full details of the teams and how to nominate players from your college, including deadlines, in the attached document.
Phase One regional trials will take place in October half term, before Phase Two national trials take place in November.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to represent their college and country on the international stage, against the likes of Australia, Welsh Colleges and on tour in Rome (men’s), and Ireland U19s, Welsh Colleges and on tour in Barcelona (women’s).
Colleges should be aware of the following criteria:
- Nominations are only open to AoC Sport member colleges.
- Based on ECFA National Teams being accepted into the planned tournaments nominated players will need to meet the following age categories:
- Players nominated for the Men’s Team must be able to compete at U18 competition and are therefore born 1 January 2000 or after.
- Players nominated for the Women’s Team must be able to compete at U19 competition and are therefore born 1 September 1999 or after.
- Trials will be conducted in two phases. Phase One will consist of three one-day trials: a north, midlands and south trial taking place during October half-term. Phase Two will consist of a national one-day trial to select the final squad of 24 players for the men’s and women’s squads from which a team will be selected to compete on international tours.
- Nominated players must be available to attend a phase two trial. Men’s trial will be held on a Sunday in November. The Women’s trial will be held on a Saturday in November. Both trials will take place at Sheffield Hallam University.
- College staff with nominated players will be invited to attend the phase one trial and provide feedback to coaches via a talent identification form.
- Due to the limited number of places at each phase one trial there is a cap on the number of players who can be selected from colleges with teams.
- Colleges ARE NOT expected to utilise the maximum total nomination allocation, please only nominate players who you deem to be able to compete on a national colleges stage.
- There are no limits to the number of member colleges competing in Category 1-3, however there are limited spaces at trials therefore please prioritise selection for your very best players. Nominating a player does not guarantee them a place at phase one. Member colleges who only enter cups are limited to 3 male players and 3 female players.