AoC Sport Open Golf Championship to return to Fairmont St Andrews
We are pleased to announce the AoC Sport Open Golf Championship competition will be returning to Fairmont St Andrews in Scotland.
This superb venue is stone’s throw away from the home of golf, the famous St Andrews Old Course with this competition representing an excellent opportunity for golfers within AoC Sport member colleges to experience the challenge of links golf in one of the most famous golfing areas in the world. As well as the competition itself we do recommend that students and colleges take the opportunity to explore the surrounding area, the St Andrews town and certainly take a walk around, or as competing colleges have done in the past, potentially play the old course itself.
The competition will be taking place on 8 and 9 March 2016 and the closing date for entries is Friday 5 February 2016.
AoC Sport is delighted that we have been able to once again secure this prestigious venue for this year’s event retaining the same entry costs as previous years. The competition rounds are due to take place over the superb Torrance and Kittocks links golf courses at the Fairmont estate recognised as one of the top golf resorts – voted 18th in “The World’s Top Golf Resorts” by Conde Nast Traveller reader’s poll & ranked number 22 in”The Worlds Best Golf Hotels” by Golf Digest.
Fairmont St Andrews has also been awarded IAGTO European Golf Resort of the Year 2012 and Resort Hotel Of The Year at The Golf Tourism Scotland Awards.
The Torrance Course
- Par 72 and 7230 yards
- Originally designed by Sam Torrance, now re-designed with eight new holes and classic Scottish revetted bunkers
- Scottish links design
- Rated number 26th in Golf Weekly ratings 2013
- Open Championship qualifying course for the 2010 Open Championship
- Home to The Scottish Seniors Open between 2009 and 2014 on The European Seniors Tour
The Kittocks Course
- Par 71 and 7192 yards
- Original designer Bruce Devlin with assistance from Gene Sarazen
- Some of the most beautiful holes in Scottish golf with unparalleled vistas as the course hugs the dramatic Fife coastline
- Rated number 37th in Golf Weekly ratings 2013
- Awarded Golf Club & Course Experience of the Year 2013 – Golf Tourism Scotland
Please follow the links for tournament regulations and entry forms: