Applications open for FA Women’s Football Apprentice Funding 2020-2022
ECFA, the football delivery arm of AoC Sport, is excited to announce additional funding for 20 colleges to apply for an FA Women’s Football Development Officer Apprentice.
As part of the FA’s Game Plan for Growth, the FA in partnership with ECFA are investing in 20 Women’s Football Development Officer (Apprenticeships) .
The apprentice will be employed for a minimum of 22 months (August 2020-July 2022) and each apprentice will be tasked with addressing the drop-off in participation at ages 16-19 in female football.
Independent research has shown that the FA Women’s Football Apprentice model is an effective and sustainable solution to the development of the future workforce and to drive all aspects of the women and girls’ game.
The apprenticeship training will be delivered by a training provider recruited via an open competitive tender process and will involve a combination of virtual learning and national training.
Questions to think about
- Is there a cross college strategy to increase female participation in sport and physical activity?
- Does your college need someone to help develop women’s football?
- Could this individual undertake an apprenticeship at the same time?
If the answer to the above is Yes your college could apply for FA Funding of £8,000 (per annum) to contribute towards the apprentice wage as well as a range of other benefits including:
- National Apprentice Training at St George’s Park
- Access to The FA developed Behaviour Framework (and support to use this throughout)
- Expert ECFA Learning & Development programme
- Bespoke support from the National Football Development Coordinator at AoC Sport
- Access to a national network of Women’s Football Apprentices
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have made some changes to the timelines. Please see the documents below for more information.
Email all applications to Chelsea Mulheir by the extended deadline of 5pm on Monday 20 April 2020.
The Skype interviews will be held on Monday 27 April 2020, with colleges being confirmed on Thursday 30 April.