Applications open for FA Women’s Football Apprentice funding
AoC Sport is now inviting applications from colleges to apply for an FA Women’s Football Apprentice.
The Football Association (FA) are investing in a new team of FA Women’s Football Apprentices, as part of their women’s football strategy, ‘The Gameplan for Growth’,to be employed by colleges working through AoC Sport, for the academic year 2018/19.
Each apprentice will be tasked with engaging 100 new female participants and 10 new female leaders, with tailored inclusion and diversity targets.
These apprentices will form part of a wider women’s football workforce in education and will enrol on a high-quality learning & development programme delivered by sector experts.
Colleges can apply to AoC Sport and The FA to become a ‘host college’ but must adhere to all the criteria (see supporting notes). If successful, the host college will receive a grant of £7000 to contribute towards the apprentice’s wage.
If successful the host college / the apprentice will receive
- £7,000 grant
- Line management training delivered by sector experts
- National Apprentice Training at St George’s Park
- Nike FA Women’s Football Apprentice tracksuit
- Access to The FA developed Behaviour Framework (and support to use this throughout)
- Expert ECFA Learning & Development programme
- Bespoke support from the National Football Development Coordinator at AoC Sport
- Access to a national network of Women’s Football Apprentices
- Volunteering and work experience opportunities
- Access to FA College Grassroots Hubs marketing assets
Colleges should read the supporting notes (below) before completing an application.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 18 April.