Applications open to secure funding for 2019-20 FA Women’s Football Apprentice
AoC Sport is delighted to announce it has opened the window for colleges to secure funding for an FA Women’s Football Apprentice for the 2019/2020 academic year.
As part of it’s women’s football strategy ‘Game Plan for Growth’, The FA, in partnership with AoC Sport, are investing in 20 FA Women’s Football Apprentices. Each apprentice will be tasked with engaging 100 new female participants and 10 new female leaders, with tailored inclusion and diversity targets.
Independent research has concluded that The FA Women’s Football Apprentice model is an effective and sustainable solution to development the future workforce and drive all aspect of the Women’s and Girls’ game.
It has been shown that FA Women’s Football Apprentices have the ability to deliver over 200% more hours than sessional coaches or staff, have a stronger brand across the community and will develop key new skills and behaviours to not only drive participation and deliver meaningful impact but to also make themselves desirable to future employers.
Colleges can apply to AoC Sport to become a ‘host college’ but must adhere to all the criteria (see supporting notes below). If successful, the host college will receive a grant of £7000 to contribute towards the apprentice’s wage.
If successful the host college / the apprentice will receive:
- £7,000 grant
- Line management training delivered by sector experts
- National Apprentice Training at St George’s Park
- Nike FA Women’s Football Apprentice tracksuit
- Access to The FA developed Behaviour Framework (and support to use this throughout)
- Expert ECFA Learning & Development programme
- Bespoke support from the National Football Development Coordinator at AoC Sport
- Access to a national network of Women’s Football Apprentices
- Volunteering and work experience opportunities
Funding is subject to the continuation of FA Grant Funding. Colleges should read supporting notes before completing an application. The deadline for applications is 21 December.
Find out more about the apprentice programme here
Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
An application form, criteria and supporting notes can be downloaded below.