ECFA launches Referee Hub Development Day 2016
The ECFA is pleased to announce the first ever Referee Hub Development Day which will be held on Tuesday 26 April 2016 at the University of Nottingham.
With support from the RA-FA Youth Council, the project has seen more than 50 new referees become qualified over the last few months. The ECFA has created this event in partnership with British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) to further help the development of not only the student part of the ECFA project but also with BUCS’s own referee hub students as well.
Lucy Oliver (ECFA Referee Hub Ambassador) has been the main driving force around the design of the agenda and we are delighted to announce the speakers that will be attending on the day to deliver their own individual sessions and answer individual questions from the students:
- Michael Oliver – FIFA & Premier League Referee – Refereed the u17 World Cup Final 2015
- Anthony Taylor – Refereed the u19 European Championship Final 2015
- Jane Simms – FIFA Assistant Referee – Assistant Referee for the FA Women’s Cup Final 2015
- Ray Olivier – Head of Training & Development PGMOL (Manages all the training which the Premier League officials receive)
- Liam Slack – Sports Psychologist PGMOL (Works with the referees on decision making as well as offering psychological support)
- Phil Hewitt – Sports Scientist, PGMOL. (Manages training programmes for the Premier League officials)
“To learn from those who are experts in their field is something not everyone gets the chance to do,” said Lucy. “This event will undoubtedly leave both the new and experienced officials inspired and motivated for success on their own refereeing pathway.”
For Referee Hub students to register their attendance to the event they will need to complete the online registration form.
If anyone has any questions or would like further information on the ECFA Referee Hubs please contact Nick Hawkins – email@example.com – 01935 823444