ECFA National Team nominations – DEADLINE EXTENDED
AoC Sport has extended the deadline to nominate players for the ECFA national teams to 5pm Wednesday 12 October.
It is our main priority to ensure AoC Sport, in partnership with Future Elite Sports, delivers a high-quality ECFA National Team Programme in order to provide students and staff with a memorable and positive experience.
Trial Nominations are open
Colleges can nominate players for one of the three ECFA National Team trials here.
As there are a limited number of spaces at each of the three Phase One trials, nominated players will be contacted by 14 October 2016 to confirm they have a trial space. Please ensure students check the email provided in the nomination form on and around 14 October.
Important Nomination Information
Before nominating players please read this important information.
- Nominations are only open to AoC Sport member colleges.
- Based on ECFA National Teams being accepted into the planned tournaments nominated players will need to meet the following age categories:
- Players nominated for the men’s team must be able to compete at U18 competition and are therefore born 1 January 1999 or after.
- Players nominated for the women’s team must be able to compete at U21 competition and are therefore born 1 September 1995 or after.
- Nominated players must be able to fully commit to the ECFA National Team Programme (detailed below) if selected.
- Trials will be conducted in two phases. Phase One will consist of three one-day trials: a north, midlands and south trial taking place during October half-term. Phase Two will consist of a national one-day trial to select the final 18 players for the men’s and women’s squads.
- College staff with nominated players will be invited to attend the phase one trial and provide feedback to coaches via a talent identification form.
- Due to the limited number of places at each Phase One Trial there is a cap on the number of players who can be selected from colleges with teams.
- Colleges ARE NOT expected to utilise the maximum total nomination allocation, please only nominate players who you deem to be able to compete on a national colleges stage.
- As mentioned above, as there are a limited number of spaces at each of the three Phase One trials, nominated players will be contacted by 14 October 2016 to confirm they have a trial space. Please ensure students check the email provided in the nomination form on and around 14 October.
Full details about the teams, including player benefits, programme schedules and nomination allocations for colleges can be found here.