AoC Sport launches Inclusion Pledge Campaign for colleges
AoC Sport is excited to launch a new Inclusion Pledge Campaign for colleges.
To celebrate International Day for Disabled People on 3 December, we are challenging colleges to pledge to do something to make their college more inclusive for disabled students.
Activity Alliance research shows that four in five disabled people would like to be more active, whilst two thirds of disabled people would like to take part in activity with both disabled and non-disabled people.
Dean Hardman, AoC Director of Sport and Student Experience said:
“International Day for Disabled People is the perfect occasion to launch our Inclusion Pledge Campaign. We know that being physically active and participating in sport, or engaging in other extra-curricular activities, have huge positive benefits for students, so it is vital that they are accessible to everyone within our college communities. We encourage all members to make a pledge, which will hopefully result in lasting change and ongoing impact beyond this important day.”
The pledge can be as big or as small as you would like it to be. Examples include:
- Ensuring accessible parking bays are available
- Ensuring all marketing and communications are accessible
- Co-ordinating an Inclusive Activity Programme course for staff and/or students
- To talk to disabled students about what sports and activities they would like to try
- Ensuring all extra-curricular activities are inclusive for disabled students
- Entering a team into the AoC Sport regional Boccia qualifiers.
To make a pledge, please submit your pledge here
You will then receive a PDF cetificate of your pledge to proudly display in your college!
The AoC Sport Disability Development Officer will be on hand to support your college in achieving your pledge. Once completed, a case study will be created for both AoC Sport’s and the college’s use.