Register for the College Sport Conference 2016
One year on from the launch of the strategy ‘Fit for College, Fit for Work, Fit for Life’ The College Sport Conference will focus on the ‘Fit for Work’ strand to celebrate the outstanding work of colleges in developing appropriately skilled, fully rounded and resilient young people ready to move into employment or progress to HE.
With the Government focus on apprenticeships and employability the conference will look at how sport can contribute to these agendas, both directly and indirectly.
The conference will also consider the professionalisation of our sector, working with CIMSPA to ensure quality of opportunities and encourage dual careers and continuing our close working relationship with our key strategic partner Sport England, there will be a broad programme for College Sport Makers and FE Activation Fund Leads. This year we are also pleased to be working with ukactive, running the conference alongside their successful annual Flame Conference and planning a joint keynote session for Tuesday afternoon to which we will welcome some of their delegates and members.
College Sport Conference 2016
Date: 28 June 2016
Venue: The International Centre, Telford
St Quentin Gate
Reasons to attend…
- Gain national sports development policy updates from the key agencies
- Be the first to hear about new initiatives and opportunities for the sector and discover innovative ways to develop sport in your college
- Develop links with employers attending the ukactive flame conference
- Network and share ideas for best practice with colleagues from across theUK
Who should attend?
- College Sport Makers and FE Activation Fund Project Leads
- Sports Development Officers
- Heads of Department andSeniorCollegeManagers
- Coaches and activators
- Apprenticeship Programme Managers
- Training Providers
- National Governing Body FE leads
- CountySportsPartnership FE Leads
Delegates who attended the 2015 conference said…
An excellent opportunity to network with colleagues within AoC Sport. Great to know there is so much support for what we do and what we believe in.
Colin Illsley, Curriculum Team Manager – Sport, PE & Public Services, Worthing College
The AoC Sport vision was inspirational, and can be achieved if the learning from the conference is embedding and used when planning, both at strategic and operational levels!
Shaun Waite, College Sport Maker, Tresham College
The College Sports Conference was a great opportunity to network with colleagues and partners. I have benefited through learning from the experiences of others and gaining new ideas to implement in my college. A very inspirational and motivational event which should not be missed.
Katie Stapleton, College Sport Maker, Amersham & Wycombe College