Registration open for 2019 FA People’s Cup
The FA People’s Cup is back in 2019 and host registration is now open for colleges!
This is a great opportunity for colleges to get involved in England’s largest 5-a-side tournament.
There are 15 categories, of which Further Education was introduced for the first time last year and we would love to see students be a part of it again.
Watch this video from Joseph Chamberlain College in last year’s competition: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/get-inspired/43797196
Please see summary information below. Full information can be found in the presentation below.
- 11th – 24th February 2019 Round 1: Host your own college tournament
- 20th March 2019 Regional semi-finals: Venues TBC
- 27th – 28th April 2019 Finals: St Georges Park
- Winners invited to Wembley Stadium to lift their trophy during half time of The FA Cup Final!
- Provide futsal facilities & equipment for round 1
- Source workforce – Tournament Director, Referees & First Aid Cover
- Recruit teams to sign up by private URL (provided by FA)
- Must be enrolled on a course of study within the host college
- Maximum of 2 players from Cat 1-3 per FA People’s Cup Team (male or female)
- All players must be between 16-19 years old
- Read the attached presentation
- To register your College to host the FA People’s Cup in 2019, please complete the survey in full (deadline 9th Nov): http://emea.focusvision.com/survey/selfserve/5a3/181011
- Please note you will need to complete the survey in one go and cannot save the survey and come back to it.
- A checklist of what you need to respond to the survey is provided in the PowerPoint.