Tickets on sale for new joint conference
AoC Sport and the ECFA (the football delivery arm of AoC Sport and our brand for college football) are delighted to announce that this year the AoC Sport Summer Conference and ECFA National Football Conference will come together to deliver one, improved and integrated national conference for further education.
The conference will provide delegates with more value for money, greater networking opportunities and shared learning across football, sport and physical activity.
As we all work towards our vision of ‘every student active’, our focus isn’t just about increasing the numbers involved in sport or physical activity anymore, but to promote the wider benefits to participation and ensuring opportunities are inclusive and accessible for all.
The conference will focus on inclusion of under-represented groups in sport and physical activity, paying particular attention to the LGBTIQ+ community, women and girls, students with disabilities, BAME, and mental health. We will have workshops on a range of current topics and will share interventions and provide resources from project findings.
We know that opportunities to take part in sport or physical activity are not shared equally and we must find ways to make it accessible to everyone. Participation levels amongst students will rise through understanding and recognising the value of every individual and creating an environment that respects the diversity of our students and local communities.
The conference is your opportunity to:
- Engage with colleagues from across the country
- Debate current issues, share insight and good practice
- Explore our role in making sport and physical activity more inclusive and diverse
- Discuss the importance of developing a diverse future workforce
- Hear from experts from across the sector
- Discover opportunities for future investment
- Develop strategies for athlete transition
- Attend a personal development workshop; invest in developing yourself
- Network and share ideas with colleges from across the UK
- Visit a range of sport suppliers to find out how they can help your college
Who is the conference for?
- Sports development staff in colleges and those working with colleges
- Sports coaches and administrators in colleges
- Delegates who attended the ECFA National Football Conference 2017
- Leaders with strategic responsibility for sports programmes in colleges
- Students support and services staff
- Those with responsibility for college health and wellbeing programmes
Cost: AoC Sport Member Colleges: £150 + VAT (Early bird discount: £99 + VAT until 20 May) AoC Sport Members only