VACANCY: ECRFU Secretary/Administrator
Location: Nationwide (UK) – Working From Home
Deadline: Friday, 28 May 2021
Hours: Part-time, One year rolling contract
Salary: The role is estimated to require approximately 8 hours per week and will carry an annual
honorarium of £5,000.
The Honorary Secretary is a member of the Board but cannot hold another position in ECRFU.
As one of the main officers of the CB, the primary duties of the Secretary are to act as the principal administrator for the CB, including overseeing the general running of the CB, and acting as the main communications link between internal and external stakeholders, including the Board, the Operations Committee, Colleges and the RFU.
Key aspects of the role:
1. Administration and management of records
2. Planning, organising and supporting meetings
3. Communications with stakeholders
As the Administrator for England Colleges RFU your duties will include:
• The administration of ECRFU Membership and monitoring of college information on the RFU Game Management System.
• Managing the ECRFU in-box, answering member queries.
• Producing the bi-termly ECRFU Colleges Memo and monthly Reps comms and working closely with the ECRFU Communications Rep on social media posts and content creation.
• Leading on the organisation of ECRFU meetings and conferences.
• Secretarial support for Board and Committee meetings – Agendas, meeting minutes, booking of venues, collation of meeting papers organising agendas and meeting papers with the relevant Chair.
• Overseeing the application and awards process for the grants/equipment scheme.
• Working with the ECRFU Operations Chair to produce the annual ops plan and ensure that work undertaken aligns to the ECRFU strategy and progress is tracked (rag rating).
• Supporting with the recruitment and selection of ECRFU volunteers including Reps and organising the on-boarding.
• Working with RFU and AoC Sport colleagues on day to day operational business in relation to competitions, membership, joint projects and communications.
• Collating stories and good practice for dissemination as part of the communications plan.
• Oversee the ECRFU Website and update content as required.
• Liaise with Colleges and the Secretary at the Schools Union to sanction College Tours
• Other ad hoc duties that may be required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and competencies required:
• Well-organised with accurate and efficient IT and administration skills
• Conscientious and accurate record keeper
• Conversant with meeting procedures, minute taking etc
• Ability to delegate where necessary
• Confident with excellent interpersonal skill
How to Apply
Please send a letter of application to Peter Chapman – ECRFU Operations Chair at: ECRFUHonSec@rfu.com
Anybody wanting further details or to discuss the role further should contact Peter at the above address.