Vacancy: FAW Trust Football Development Manager
The FAW Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, energetic and inspirational person who can deliver innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to support the sustainable growth of female Football and excite new female audiences to engage in the sport at all levels and across many roles.
This person will work as part of a team in a specific geographical region and support the leader of a newly restructured department that is responsible for delivering the Trust’s strategic mission to ‘grow the game and raise football standards’ across Wales. The FAW Trust has its busy Head Office based at Dragon Park, Newport.
The FAW Trust’s Mission under the 2015 to 2020 Welsh Football Strategy is to Grow the Game and Raise Standards.
Supporting the Head of Football Development, the position will play a key role in delivering the key strategic outcome of Transforming Communities through football for all and high-level targets of: –
- 50% of children playing football once per week;
- 30% of children playing football twice per week;
- 20,000 registered female players; by 2024.
- 6% of disabled population registering and playing football regularly.
- 4% of registered players representing the Black and minority ethnic (BME) community.
Purpose of the Job
To produce and implement Local Facilities and Regional Development Plans within an Area of Wales and to have National Strategic lead responsibility for increasing female participation and growth across Wales.
- Creative and innovative thinking and problem solving.
- Entrepreneurial approach to developing solutions.
- Strategic planning including experience of interpreting data and research insight.
- Creative thinker who can shape strategies into tactical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven stakeholder and partnership influencing and negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated, resilient and self-directed.
- Proven experience of workforce (professional and/or voluntary) deployment and development.
- Experience of budget development, management and control.
- Modern IT competencies.
- Spoken and written Welsh are desirable.
- Willingness to work flexibly and unsociable hours.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Enhanced CRB disclosure.
If you are interested in applying for this role please complete this application form, save it and submit it via email to the address below.
We also require you to submit a copy of your latest CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please also included details of your current salary and remuneration package.
Deadline for applications: 18 May 2018 at 17:00hrs. Late applications will not be considered.
Interviews will be held at the end of May, please advise if you are unavailable at this time, if selected through to the next stage.