Vacancy: Policy Manager (AoC Sport)
|Deadline:||31 January 2018|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|Type of Contract:||Permanent|
|Salary:||c£35,000 (Regional salary) c£40,000 (London salary)|
|Interview date:||7 February 2018|
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the new role of Policy Manager as part of the AoC Sport team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the role will manage AoC Sport’s Policy and Projects team and will have specific responsibility for projects funded by Sport England. The role will also provide a centre of expertise in relation to further education and sports and physical activity policy while establishing and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of partners within the further education and sport & physical activity sectors. The role will be part of the management team of AoC Sport and will work closely with the policy team at the Association of Colleges.
As Policy Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects funded by Sport England with the aim of getting inactive students to be active
- Implementing the policy and curriculum content of the AoC Sport strategy ‘Fit for College, Fit for Work, Fit for Life’.
- Ensuring the Policy and Projects team is abreast of education policy, funding, inspection, employment, health, disability and other issues of importance to colleges.
- Working with the AoC Sport Policy and Curriculum Advisory Group to set the agenda for the policy and curriculum work of the Policy and Projects team.
- Leading on the development of college regional networks, working through the policy team and AoC area offices to maintain close contact and develop productive relationships with member colleges, advising them on policy and supporting them with strategic planning.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career and you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this role, then we would like to hear from you.
This is a national role and as such could be based from home or in our London offices. This role is part-funded by Sport England to 31 August 2018. Funding beyond that date is subject to a further successful funding application.
For further details about this role please refer to the job description and person specification attached below.
Talk to us
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact the HR team on 020 7034 9900 or alternatively you can email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe you have the skills, experience and attributes to hit the ground running in this position we would welcome your application.
To apply, please send us your current CV along with a cover letter detailing how your key skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the person specification for the role along with a completed equal opportunities form to email@example.com. Please note that your equal opportunities form will be separated from your application and will not be considered by the shortlisting panel.
Please note that all applicants must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role and will be expected to provide proof of this if invited for interview.
Your application must be submitted and received by 12 noon, Wednesday, 31 January 2018.
AoC is an Equal Opportunities employer.
**Thank you for your interest in working at AoC**