Volunteer Recognition Scheme
The Volunteer Recognition Scheme aims to reward and recognise the student volunteer workforce in further education.
Students can be nominated by college members of staff, peers, and AoC Sport staff.
The scheme will encompass two elements:
1. National Volunteer of the Month Awards
2. National Volunteer of the Year
National Volunteer of the Month Awards
• Eight awards will be given once a month between October 2019 and May 2020
• Each award will be announced via AoC Sport social media (Instagram and Twitter)
• Students will receive a certificate and £20 restaurant or shopping voucher
• Nominations will be completed via a short online nomination form asking for key details
• Winners will be chosen by a panel consisting of two AoC Sport staff members and one youth representative aged 16-24
• Each nomination window will be open for three days, key dates can be viewed in the table below:
• Only students studying at a recognised AoC Sport Leadership Academy college will be eligible to receive an award
• Nominated students must be actively contributing to sport and physical activity in further education or through their college
• Students can win more than one National Volunteer of the Month award.
Nominating a Student
A short nomination form will be available via this link and must be completed before the deadline. Information required for the nomination form will include:
- Student volunteer’s name, email address and social media handle
- Nominator’s name, email address and relationship to student volunteer
- Information on how the student is contributing to sport and physical activity in further education